Skip to main content

Let's Keep Celebrating!

My baby is ONE!  I won't go too much into that subject, because I've already devoted an entire entry to my sweet, little man...who I could just eat because I love him so much!  He has the cutest little expressions and smile.  He melts me.
I mean, right?! Soooo CUTE! *Head explodes!!*
I really can't stand it sometimes. By the time I'm done with the "baby stage" my teeth will be obsoleet...I will have ground them down to nothing.  This is normal, right? Everyone grinds their teeth when experiencing extreme levels of cuteness, right? I'm sure it's normal...if not, your kids probably aren't as cute as mine. ;)

Ok, let's get back on track. Daxtion is ONE! He had a birthday party! All his 1 month - 1 year old friends came (and a few siblings).  The weather was perfect! We couldn't have asked for a nicer day.  

Menu: Hot dogs, chips, watermelon, popcorn, carrots w/ranch...




Homemade apple cobbler a la mode...

Lemonade...& Dr. Pepper of course (not by my request, but the majority of our family).



Activities: Bounce house, bean bag toss, frisbee tic-tac-toe, ball-toss-into-bucket (?).  The baby pool was dry, it was for the little ones that can't quite walk yet to hang out. 



Grill master on hot dog duty.


Pretty much what he looked like the entire time...I think he ate half a watermelon all by himself. Seriously.













The quick, easy way to clean up!

Thanks for coming!





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Be Thankful

It's that time of year again!  Time to spend hours cooking/preparing, minutes eating (WAY too much food), all surrounded in the loud, wonderful chaos of family. The food, shopping and preparations can quickly and easily take over and  result in overlooking the real meaning of the holiday. Thanksgiving invites us all to reflect on our many blessings and remember to be grateful.  As you might expect, the things I am most grateful for are those that you can't buy.  This year we welcomed Brynlynn into our home and are SO GRATEFUL for her; that she is here, that she is healthy, that our family is forever.   I'm incredibly grateful for my knowledge of the gospel of Jesus Christ.  I'm grateful for the countless blessing He has bestowed upon me and my family.  I am grateful for Brent; for the man and husband that he is and more importantly the father that he is.  I'm so grateful for all of my immediate and extended family...I'm not under any false impression that it'

Mothers and Daughters

Just a warning, I am standing on my 'soapbox', so turn back now if you don't want to hear my rant of the day. I have strong opinions, so read at your own risk. :) I just watched this video, Mothers and Daughters , and had to share it. I watched a very disturbing episode of Oprah yesterday (the DVR recorded another episode for some reason). I won't go in to details, but despite all of the discussion I was very upset and surprised by the actions of the mother. She was basically the opposite of what a mother should reflect. She offered no love, support, encouragement and in this particular situation protection for any of her children. I particularly like how Elder Ballard mentions what expectations we as women are presented with today. Pointing out how, women are often made to look silly, and objectified. Our roles, that we are divinely given, are continually undermined . Women seek guidance on how we should look, what we should wear etc. from people that really do

What's Fabric?

David's Bridal Highly Educated & Well Informed Employee: Thank you for calling DB. How can I help you? Me: Hi, yes I'm trying to order several yards of fabric. DBHE&WIE: I'm sorry, what? I don't understand you? Me: I'm trying to order some fabric. DBHE&WIF: order what? Me: Fabric. F-A-B-R-I-C (yes, I spelled it out for her just mistakenly thinking this would in some way make the communicating proces easier). DBHE&WIE: I don't know what that is. Me: (stunned, but I'm used to working with stupid people on the phone...here's my attempt to 'dumb it down') the stuff the clothes are made of--cotton, taffeta..? DBHE&WIE: Oh! Oh, I don't know...let me transfer you to alterations. Long story short: alterations first language was NOT English. She transferred me back... Hung up--called another location. They're going to call me back tomorrow to let me know. ps Tanlee-you owe me.