Skip to main content

Daxton!

Remember when I used to "blog?"  No?  I don't blame you...it's been a while.  If this blog were the only updates you had on my life you wouldn't even know that we welcomed Daxton into our family last year! Sorry.  I am really going to try to be more diligent in updating the blog with our life events for those of you that enjoy reading/viewing updates on the grandkids our family.

Also, I am fully aware that the title of my blog, along with the pictures are VERY out-of-date.  I promise they will be updated immediately.  ...ok, by immediately I mean hopefully before next year, buuut...

Daxton; I seriously love this kid.  He's known to many as "Mr. Serious", and it's true that not just anyone can get him to smile, or laugh.  With us, however, he's very vocal; he laughs, smiles and talks (even "sings" on his mic) all the time!  He is very tolerant with his big sister and loving towards her (most of the time).  For example: on those rare occasions when she sits in time-out, he will stop what he's doing to go sit with her.  I just know it's his little way of comforting her the only way he can...or he's trying to rub it in, but can't talk yet. I choose to believe the first; the latter will be a reality before too long anyway.  He is very active-crawling, walking, climbing, pushing something, throwing  something constantly.  He loves opening my pantry doors and cabinets; emptying all the contents of either = life's greatest joy.  He will eat anything.  Seriously, anything.  He loves food...people food, dog food...food. To look at him, it's an illusion of chubbiness though.  Yes, his cheeks are delicious and his little hands and feet, too, but the rest is relatively "lean" for a baby.  I mean, I can see his ribs people!  He's faux chub-a-licious. ;)  He has six teeth!  And yes, they're incredibly adorable.  He loves to be chased (what kid doesn't, right?).  He has a really soft, bear chair in his room and he loves it!  Before bed, before he gets his jammies on, he loves to lay and snuggle with it.  One of the cutest things you will probably ever see.

Those are some of the traits he clearly inherited from his mother.  He also can be very demanding and get quite frustrated if his demands are not met and in the time frame he sees fit.  Also, if you have food and you're not giving him some...mini Brent. ;)

He's so fun.  He makes me laugh.

I'm continually reminded how blessed I am that he joined our family.  I can't wait to watch him as he continues to grow and see his little personality develop.  I love watching the sibling relationship form between Dax and Bryn. So sweet.  I hope that as they grow they'll be good friends...I know they'll fight...it's science.

Continuing with my annual tradition (which I have decided will only be in effect for the birth through the 1st year of life), I made a little video montage of Daxton's first year with us.  Enjoy.




"Hey there...sorry there's no video, but my mom's working on it.  I'll stay right here until it's ready."

...so...actually, I haven't figured out how to upload/export it just yet.  Well, I have, but it's still not working!! (serenity now...serenity now...)  Thank you Apple for updating you iMovie software so that it now sucks.  Daxton's Movie: TBA. 

UPDATE: iMovie works... however I've read that Blogger isn't very video friendly (since our last time on this site). Here is a link to Dax's video on Vimeo.



Music Credit: American Authors, Phillip Phillips & Jack Johnson.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mothers and Daughters

Just a warning, I am standing on my 'soapbox', so turn back now if you don't want to hear my rant of the day. I have strong opinions, so read at your own risk. :) I just watched this video, Mothers and Daughters , and had to share it. I watched a very disturbing episode of Oprah yesterday (the DVR recorded another episode for some reason). I won't go in to details, but despite all of the discussion I was very upset and surprised by the actions of the mother. She was basically the opposite of what a mother should reflect. She offered no love, support, encouragement and in this particular situation protection for any of her children. I particularly like how Elder Ballard mentions what expectations we as women are presented with today. Pointing out how, women are often made to look silly, and objectified. Our roles, that we are divinely given, are continually undermined . Women seek guidance on how we should look, what we should wear etc. from people that really do

What's Fabric?

David's Bridal Highly Educated & Well Informed Employee: Thank you for calling DB. How can I help you? Me: Hi, yes I'm trying to order several yards of fabric. DBHE&WIE: I'm sorry, what? I don't understand you? Me: I'm trying to order some fabric. DBHE&WIF: order what? Me: Fabric. F-A-B-R-I-C (yes, I spelled it out for her just mistakenly thinking this would in some way make the communicating proces easier). DBHE&WIE: I don't know what that is. Me: (stunned, but I'm used to working with stupid people on the phone...here's my attempt to 'dumb it down') the stuff the clothes are made of--cotton, taffeta..? DBHE&WIE: Oh! Oh, I don't know...let me transfer you to alterations. Long story short: alterations first language was NOT English. She transferred me back... Hung up--called another location. They're going to call me back tomorrow to let me know. ps Tanlee-you owe me.

Be Thankful

It's that time of year again!  Time to spend hours cooking/preparing, minutes eating (WAY too much food), all surrounded in the loud, wonderful chaos of family. The food, shopping and preparations can quickly and easily take over and  result in overlooking the real meaning of the holiday. Thanksgiving invites us all to reflect on our many blessings and remember to be grateful.  As you might expect, the things I am most grateful for are those that you can't buy.  This year we welcomed Brynlynn into our home and are SO GRATEFUL for her; that she is here, that she is healthy, that our family is forever.   I'm incredibly grateful for my knowledge of the gospel of Jesus Christ.  I'm grateful for the countless blessing He has bestowed upon me and my family.  I am grateful for Brent; for the man and husband that he is and more importantly the father that he is.  I'm so grateful for all of my immediate and extended family...I'm not under any false impression that it'